Wednesday, May 13, 2009

my loves

  I was laying in bed last night, thinking of how much I had enjoyed my babies and my husband all day, and I was overwhelmed by that feeling. you know the one. the feeling that no mother has ever loved her children as much as you love yours.
    when my boy was born, there were so many people in the room and I didnt really get to see him until he was all cleaned off and given his eyedrops and shots and stuff, and it took me quite awhile to feel really attached to him. I loved him, but that overwhelming love and familiarity was slow in coming.
   my instincts grew bit by bit, and were probably slowed down by the second pregnancy because I was so tired...and too overwhelmed to pay attention to every little thing he did.
   then my daughter was born, and she was in my arms immediately, squealing her little head off and grabbing at my mouth with her little bird claws because she was so mad about being born. I felt that rush I never got to feel with my son.
   over the past year I've slowly gained back some energy...little by little I'm putting the pieces of myself back together, and I am finally beginning to feel like a mother. I always loved my babies, dont get me wrong. but those protective, instinctive, over the moon for the way their eyelashes look feelings seemed to take awhile with me.
    maybe it was all the stress, hubby in the military, moving several times, two babies before I figured out how to deal with one, deployments, its been alot of changes crammed into a short amount of time. I think maybe I'm finally starting to come close to catching up.
 
      and now here I am, thinking that nobody has ever loved their children as much as me. except of course, everyone else feels the exact same way. :)



Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how.

2 comments:

Lanny said...

I saw the last picture and wondered how many times the back of her sweet little neck gets kissed in a day!

A. Joy said...

Carol, I can relate to everything you wrote here exactly! ( About the kids that is. ) I was slow to bond with my first and then felt a bit more protective of the second - still, she's always been very independant, but I held onto her more. Then #3 came and I remember telling my mom that I just felt a very strong connection from the minute she was born and wanted to snuggle her all day every day. #4 is just growing too fast and he's the first I felt close to before he was even born and cherish every second! I know what you mean. I've always loved each of them equally but the bond with each is different.