I bought a good book yesterday. its called "sundays at Tiffany's" I think its by James Patterson or something like that. I already read the whole thing...it wasnt near long enough. I need to look in the book at the print next time I buy one. actually, I need to start going to the library. anyways it was a great book...a little worldly in some aspects but still a sweet story with a happy ending...thats the kind I like.
heather helped me clean my downstairs...bless her. my dear husband told me I do nothing all day. *guilty face as I continue to blog* and heather says she sees me working so she's mad that he said that to me...so she helped me clean up. the carpet looks sooo much better now that I got the housing office to shampoo it. perks of being in the military. there should at least be a few right?
I also bought myself two pairs of earrings. they are irritating my ears a bit...but I'm powering through it. I really want to stop feeling fat and dumpy and old.
you know whats killer about being a mommy? they always need something. there isnt more than a few seconds at a time that they arent crying to be held, hungry, wearing a dirty diaper, tearing into my stuff and making a mess...spitting up....spilling their drink...and more crying. between all of that I can barely get anything done. and so it appears that I do nothing!! this morning i ate my breakfast while my daughter laid on the living room floor SCREAMING. I mean convulsing, red faced, snotty and wet, SCREAMING. I dont know what she wanted. I picked her up and she stopped. so I guess thats what she wanted but to scream like that for it baffles me. and I had just been holding her. it wasnt enough I guess. so I had to hurry up and eat. she was quiet in her swing for about half of my unloading the dishwasher....then I had to rush through the rest to go make her stop. my son decided to climb behind the rocking chair and get himself stuck......roughly SEVEN HUNDRED TIMES THIS MORNING. and he didnt take it with a sense of humor either...oh no. he was mad. and screaming. and snotty. and hitting me and everything else he could reach when he was dragged out from being stuck. needless to say both babies were fed quickly and banished to their rooms before I got to the "off with their heads!" point.
my latest music obsession is typing in "katy perry" in the "make a station" bar at pandora.com....I love the music it plays. right now its a song by a group of girls called "uh huh her". weird huh? I think so too. but I love the music.
STILL need to grocery shopping....damnit......
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know you don't have time to blog, but I like reading your ramblings about the babies' antics. Remember, before you know it they won't want to be held by Mommy anymore. Cherish this time (and take LOTS of pictures). Love, DAD
Oh the joys and irritations of mommyhood!, wifehood, friendhood, sisterhood, especially to big brothers and new family members, let just say life in the "hood"?
Carol, so glad to see you writing, it is good! (Of course that comes from a self-indulgent writer.) Had to do a quick catch up as I just found your link this a.m. on your dad's site.
We all miss you, the girls and I of course, but even Dirt talks fondly of you and Mike often and wonders how you all are doing.
Post a Comment