Wednesday, July 30, 2008

spider bites!!

a spider bit me two nights ago, I noticed it yesterday morning. two bites on the inside of my wrist. its getting worse! they are way swollen today because I itched them, and my hand aches a little and tingles. weird thing is, hubby had the same thing happen to him a few weeks ago! spider bites on the wrist, in the middle of the night. and he said his hands hurt and then went numb and then he was fine the next day. excuse me for a second while I take a departure and say WTF????

I've had a thought lately. its strange how you think you know how you want to be when you grow up, so you work on it, you practice, you get comfortable with the results, then you marry and your spouse wants the opposite personality and habits you just worked to cultivate. I want to be fun and relational, I want to set aside housecleaning to play with my babies and to spend time with my hubby. I worked really hard to balance that. thats not what he wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he wants me to work my butt off keeping things meticulously clean and get dinner made and not pay attention to him. I'm so not that kind of person! this is going to be hard............

2 comments:

WingMaster said...

Give him a couple years; then maybe he'll realize what he really wants. I'm all for dinner and a clean room to sit in (always have been) but he's got to realze that those two little precious jewels suck up a lot of time and energy. I'm sure his help would be greatly appreciated. Love You! Dad

Lanny said...

Hey, some tips, maybe they will help:

Spider bites suck, literally! But you can make it better by pulling the venom out. You have a couple of choices, Mike can suck on your wrists or you can make a drawing poultice, baking soda or Epsom salts both work. I don't know if plantain, the common weed not the fruit, grows down there but that also works.

Baby messes, husbands and dinner. It took me a long time, too long for a fairly smart, well educated, semi trained girl, to figure out some ways around the perennial problem. I found that it really did make sense not only for the mess control but for child development if I didn't let my little ones, or me, have everything out at once. They get overwhelmed and cannot really learn when they are over stimulated with too many choices.

Dinner, I always wondered why a person, me, could love to cook and bake one day and then hate to even think about it the next. I learned to give myself a break of having to think about it or try to be creative by knowing what I was going to do for dinner when I was eating breakfast. Many days I knew I needed to just throw something in the crock pot right away. I also finally found that if I had some menu plans that things always went smoother for me. Being a random schmandom nut job, if I felt creative, I always gave myself permission to depart from the plan. But the plan was there when I wanted to do something way more fun, like read stories in silly voices all day!