
"I gave up coffee and cigarettes. I hate to say it hasnt helped me yet.....I must quit, I must quit.....YOU."
-Michelle Featherstone
today is one of those days, messy pigtails, really ugly oversized t-shirt that says "braves". sweatpants. cup of coffee that was too hot to drink ten minutes ago, and now is too cold to taste good.
Its ironic that my intention with writing is to entertain, but the minute I get a pen or a keyboard in my hands I get melancholy. And whats weirder is that its a melancholy I enjoy. A quiet place, maybe sad, but enjoyable anyway.
"do you take the non-believer? cuz I'm a non-believer..." -La Rocca
Hubby's deployment date is extended, I'm so happy about that. we get an extra three weeks or so, which also means less time for me to have to be alone before my bestest girlfriend comes back home with her new baby. I'm so looking forward to that. I havent seen her in months and we call each other every day, but of course its not the same. and I'm dying to see what her baby will look like!

3 comments:
Yes, it is a beautiful painting. Love the new header, is it your geranium? The babies are growing so quickly, and they are sooooooooo cute! Mike and his friends look like they have a good time together.....
Isn't that weird how coffee goes from ripping hot to shallow cool in minutes. Lately I have been able to drink my coffee at just the right temperature, well now that the sheep are done lambing.
Glad you got some extra time with Mike and shortened the time between when he leaves and your good friend returns. Are those purple trees we liked so much blooming yet? Jacaranda.
lanny, man yes I hate how I never get to drink my coffee at the right temp because I leave it to cool, then I get distracted and its too cold! and the trees arent blooming yet, but I've seen the big green acorn-like buds that will be the flowers!
Kathy,
thank you! I am a little bit infatuated with my new header. yeah, my geranium is a little yellow in spots because I forgot to water it, so I watered it and bent to take the picture, and I didnt even realize the water was clinging to the blooms like that. it turned out so beautiful. by zooming in on the flowers I give myself a big garden, and it helps distract me from the fact that everything is so bare here.
haha yeah mikes buddies are funny guys and we have alot of fun when they are over!
Post a Comment