Had a great visit from my Dad, we did lots of things with the kids. we went to the pool, he read them stories, we watched movies, went to the harley shop, and my favorite, went to guitar center!
The guitar that I bought when I was 14 and first learned to play had been destroyed by someone while it was in my walk in hall closet. noone admitted to breaking it, so there wasnt much I could do about it. so we went to guitar center and I found a guitar that was cheap, plays very well, and had a built in tuner! I've been playing a bit every day, trying to toughed up my fingers again, and little by little the music is coming back to me. I had forgotten nearly EVERYTHING but sometimes the fingers remember even when your brain doesnt. Its very nice to get to play again.
Once again I have picked up Bram Stoker's Dracula and am reading it...as always its a work of genius. I'm also starting Jane Austin's Pursuasion.....but that one is starting off very slow and uninteresting so I'm chipping away at it page by page.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I read Bram Stokers' DRACULA in high school. Much different and better than most of the movies and T.V. shows that try to emulate it.
Post a Comment