The emotional climate in my husbands family got a little stormy recently.
his mother is causing all kinds of problems in her own family,
proverbs 14:1 Every wise woman builds her house, but a foolish one tears it down with her own hands.
that is what this woman is doing. she has signed divorce papers because her husband questioned her parenting skills, one of her children tried to commit suicide, and now a second child (the first being my husband) has run away from her.
I have my husbands sister here with me, and we are really having an exciting time. its sad, and painful...some of the talks we have, but for years now my mother in law has purposefully kept my husbands siblings from being friends with me.
she forced her emotions onto her kids, made them think in unhealthy ways, and now his sis is here, and she is telling me that she began to realize all on her own how unhealthy it all was, how completely ok it was for my husband to fall in love and get married and move away. we have been having such a healing time together and I'm so thankful that even in this horrible situation with the family, I'm being able to connect with and love someone who I thought I would never have the chance to.
its really amazing. we go back and talk about things that happened years ago, and she tells me what was happening behind the scenes, and i am able to start healing from all those things because I really feel like TRUTH is the ultimate absolution even if you never get an apology, if you never are able to talk to the person who hurt you...I dont care because after years of living with this womans lies, and knowing in my heart that she doesnt live in the truth, its nice to finally say, "I know the truth, please dont pretend you care around me anymore, I'm no longer buying it."
and when my husband gets home, he will be able to FINALLY have a relationship with his sister that is on the terms that the two of them choose, not his mother. she no longer has control of that and I am so happy for the two of them because they both want to be healthy human beings who give each other boundaries and have a "no pressure" brother-sister relationship. their mom was always pressuring the two of them and dictating how they should treat each other and telling my husband he didnt pay enough attention to his sisters. She is incapable of allowing other people to act out of her control.
but I know now without a shadow of a doubt that there are more good things to come!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment