heather and I sort of got a day out. we got our nails done, got starbucks, I got a haircut...it was pretty good. until we realized that when we were done with that we had grocery shopping to do in a crowded commissary. so we technically didnt get to just enjoy our day out, we got duped. and we were cranky by the end of it. ah well. its not so bad. I love my nails being done, and having two inches off my hair, new layers and bangs, it all feels way healthier and puts me in a better mood. I used to have a bad hair day every single day. it was dry and matted and I couldnt get a brush through cuz the ends were so nasty. it was realllly depressing.
today I made carrot cake! wish you were here dad. it felt weird making it. I honestly felt like I shouldnt make it unless dad could come have some because my WHOLE life, that has been the "special" cake that only got made for dad. :) I havent tasted it yet, I'm letting the frosting harden on it a bit....but it smells amazing.
I also bought ingredients to make biscotti and chicken pot pie........oh! and guacamole. mmmm. I'm all of a sudden in the mood to bake. which means I must be moving past the "just had a baby zone" and I am slowly getting back to normal! yay!
I bought TONS of fruit. I bought some blueberries because I hear tons of good things about them and I'm nibbling on them little by little every day. my little man is really loving all the fruit. he's in his highchair having a "shammitch" and some orange.
baby girl is very very cranky today...I think her teeth hurt. but I bought her some tylenol. and when all failed and she wouldnt shut up, she got to go watch the teddy bears twirl in her bassinet. :)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I wish you could send me some of your Carrot Cake! Probably good that you can't- I'm not the skinny guy in Lanny's pics (that was Paul). I still weigh about the same as when you left. Love You, Dad.
Post a Comment