Monday, August 4, 2008

empty

I am deeply frustrated that I have nothing of value to write. I have no spiritual insights. I have no revelations I discovered while reading the bible. if I can make it through a chapter and process what it is trying to say amidts the babys crying and the phone ringing....its a miracle. and I'm really frustrated about it.
I browse around and read peoples blogs...they all have some interesting verse or thing they are reading in a book by a man who spoke old english when old english was just plain english. and I cant wrap my tired brain around anything they are blogging about. it makes me want to cry. and it makes me want to laugh when I realize I used to be "intellectual" "cerebral"....a thinker. I used to muse over the logic of things. I used to read deep books. or at least books that were so wordy and old that they were hard to read. I do nothing of the sort now. I barely made it through a page in the cookbook tonight. oh...where I was going with how it makes me laugh. it makes me laugh because Bill Cosby said him and his wife were intellectuals before they had children. its so freakin hilarious that its NOT.
all I do is babble about the same housework and cooking and baby stuff EVERY EFFING DAY. or my big news is that I got my nails done! woopdee doo. thats real deep. psht. I started this blog feeling sad and frustrated and now I'm just plain pissy. and my teeth need to be brushed and its bugging the snot out of me. bleck.

funny thing today (here I go again). baby boy was dancing to the end credits of "the jungle book"....and we were laughing at him, and he turned to face me, rolled one eye up back into his head like he was spazzing out, smiled all crooked, and rocked back and forth from foot to foot. and then waited to see if he could get a reaction. I literally fell off the couch laughing. at three months old I knew he was destined to be a raging musical talent. today, at seventeen months old, I know my son is a PERFORMER. he was born to be on the stage, in the spotlight, with the music up so loud it makes ears bleed. thats the way he likes it.

1 comment:

Lanny said...

Intellectualism isn't all it is cracked up to be. Real life is just that, real. You won't have babies forever (Stephie's input). She is here whining about needing a nap and all that she has to do at home, etc. etc. etc. and her "babies" are 5 years apart. So put your intellectual side aside for a while it will all come back with gusto when they are older and your sitting in traffic having grand conversations with them about how the world really works.